Employee Job Description
Whitehouse Area Chamber of Commerce
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Chamber President / Board of Directors
Summary: The role of the Administrative Assistant is to work with and for the President of the Chamber, the Board of Directors and the Membership in support of its mission. Key duties include: managing daily operations of the organization including implementation and administration of the policies and programs established by the Board of Directors; serving as the Chamber’s membership and promotions administrator; planning and executing events and activities, attending appropriate chamber events and other duties as assigned.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Greets visitors to the Chamber office, provides information, answer questions and responds to requests.
- Answers and fields incoming phone calls.
- Manages incoming/outgoing mail and electronic communication.
- Carries out administrative duties such as developing and maintaining a filing system, typing, copying, scanning, and faxing.
- Ensures that all Chamber documentation is current: policies, insurance, taxes, etc.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions, correspondences and service contracts, and make them available for review by the Board or other officials or agencies.
- Assists with the updates to the Chamber’s websites and social media channels.
- Coordinates, oversees, and assists in the implementation of various Chamber events and activities while also assisting with the evaluation of volunteer and sponsorship needs and reviews event success.
- Assembles monthly board member packets, creates the agenda, sends reminders and attends the monthly board meetings.
- Assists with the development of publications printed and distributed by the Chamber.
- Oversee the tracking of committee meetings and their progress.
- Compiles and assembles information for new member packets and sends or delivers information to new members.
- Maintains accurate and up-to date membership records and online directory and assists the Vice President with membership files.
- Actively pursues new members, developing membership recruitment initiatives.
- Focuses on membership retention through business visits, regular communication, and business support programs.
- Assists in retention efforts through the collection of past due memberships.
- Advises membership on new programs, events and services the Chamber has available.
- Strives to continually develop a better public understanding of the purpose and functions of the Chamber.
- Ensures Chamber growth by promoting available programs and services.
- Works with the City on relationship development with Chamber members and Chamber events.
- Responsible for working with the President in the development of alliances and partnerships in the community that promote collaboration and lead to the accomplishment of the organization’s membership, public affairs and economic development goals and priorities.
- Participates in Chamber activities to promote and enhance the image and relationship of the Chamber with all groups and parties in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Resume's may be emailed to email@example.com.